Treacherous Empire - Cenarius
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Treacherous Empire Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ranking system

Go down 
+4
Khalict
Fellwing
Dankass
Titath
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Titath

Titath

Ranking system Empty
PostSubject: Ranking system   Ranking system EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:23 pm

I noticed that every rank must have 100 % attendance (unless posted on forums)
so dose that mean that all the pepole who are recruits/raiders and core raiders right now .
if they don't post that they will miss the raid will all go to casual ?
just asking because sunday feb 28th's raid there were alot of long time pepole to guild not post or show or showed up very late after raid was called will all those pepole be demoted to casual for it ?
Back to top Go down
Dankass

Ranking system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking system   Ranking system EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:31 pm

1. If you don't agree with a promotion /demotion is there an arbitrary means for discussion or is it just the way it is?

2. If you are a core raider and do not do 6k DPS will you be demoted? If so to what?

3. what fight will be used to judge your 6k Dps or is it if at anytime you drop below 6k?
Back to top Go down
Fellwing

Fellwing

Ranking system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking system   Ranking system EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:48 pm

I posted a few days ago links for addons that are good to have and I think the healers should have heal bot or Vuhdo or addon like that it will help the heals out big time
Back to top Go down
Khalict

Khalict

Ranking system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking system   Ranking system EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 10:59 pm

Q&A referred to Ranking system
Back to top Go down
http://4chan.org
zimbodz

Ranking system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking system   Ranking system EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 3:13 pm

I can understand why everyone is so upset... and I can understand why everyone needs to attend all raids and not just the first night... so as I guild we get better.

1) What I don't understand is why DPS is being blamed and held responsible?
I ask this because from all the recent stuff I've read their is no mention of healers or tanks.. only that DPS must do 6000 DPS to stay in the raid.

2) What about the healers... how much should they do to stay in the raid... and the tanks.. what is their requirements?

I point this out because we had 6 to 7 healers... not counting our incredible ret Pally who was out healing 2 to 3 of the healers while still keeping himself in the top 8 for DPS. And of course their is our disk priest who's sheilds are so valuable, but can't be measured for healing.

In all honesty with 7 healers for Festergut we should never die or wipe except when he hits enrage timer... yet we only hit rage timer once Thursday nite.

I've run 25 ICC before and in all honesty the pugs I was with were able to do Festergut with 4 to 5 healers.. not 6 or 7. Not that we have to do the same but less healers = more DPS.

Look I know I'm new to the raid and I'm very opinionated but please don't go blaming anyone one person or class for failing that night... we all failed together. It wasn't the DPS... it wasn't the healing... it wasn't the tanks and it wasn't the new people

(On a side note I'm tired of hearing people blame the new guys. If you want to be honest their were 5 new people that I know of at that raid.
Titath was tanking incredible well.
Fellwing was top 2 to 3 for heals.. depending on the Boss
Rhylla was top 5 for DPS
Umbula was in the Top 8 for DPS and on some fights top 3 on Tuesday.
And DankAss was in the top 8 to 12 depending on the boss.

It should also be noted that during lady DeathWhisper I was killed not Once but Twice when I should have been CC'd. I looked at my log and I know how it happened...
So please don't say we failed because of the new guys, because as far as I could see the 'new Guys' pretty much held their own.

We failed because we all didn't do our job before, after or during the raid.)

If you want to be honest about things we all can do better... not just one person or group. And in order to improve we have to all work together to get better. I don't care if you're the best DPSer and your doing 12000... or you're the best healer, keeping God himself alive... or such an awesome tank that nothing hurts you no matter how hard the lichking beats on you... their are still things we all can do to improve. Apart from the obvious pots, potions, addons, gear, etc...

How many people looked at the videos of the fights in order to imprive?

How many people looked at the other classes and went and talked to them about what they are or aren't doing. (Ex: Dohdah and I got together after the raid and went over some things that could help... rotation, spec, gems, add ons... etc.. being top 4th and 5th DPS did we need to do this... no but we wanted to improve not only ourselves but the raid). How many other people did this with their respected classes in order to improve the raid?

How many people did 10 man ICC as a group or did you just take 1-5 guildies and pug in the rest. 10 man ICC is pretty much the same as 25 man with only a few changes... As a guild instead of all of us going off and doing ICC 10 on our own , why don't we make 2 to 3 groups and do it as a guild Wedensday or Thursday night. This would not only increase our abilites... allow us to practice the fight... get gear so we can get better... but it would promote friendships among all the guildies and help us work better together as a team/raid.

How many people showed up Sunday night and will show up Monday Nite? I don't care if we wipe 20 times on a boss... the only way you can beat him is practice... both for yourself and for your fellow guildies. So please show up.

Sorry this was so long but as I said I'm very opinionated.
In the long run I hope some of what I said means something and it helps in someway... because ultimately like the rest of you I'm here for fun and to be the best I can not only for me but for the raid and the guild as a whole...

Rhylla

PS: despite what you all think, Shamans rule... we're number one.. Just wanted to mention the obvious their. lol!
Back to top Go down
Dohdah

Dohdah

Ranking system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking system   Ranking system EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 4:38 pm

my fellow enhancement sham

I think guild generated input is a good thing so having a strong opinion is also a good thing - as long as it is presented the right way. First I really wanna say that I (as well as the other officers) are happy with the new recruits. Titath is a great tank Rhylia has great dps Fel is a sick healer and dankass is another decent dps.

At what point was the unsuccessful attempts on that jackass abomb blamed on you new guys? I did not hear anything like that and if i did i would have silenced whoever said that.

Yes - we did come down hard on the dps aspect of the raid. Why? because that is the department that needs the most help. Plus if we had the best healers and best tanks - and the dps was still behind it wouldnt matter for the enrage timer still hits. As far as dps is concerned: yes tat guild msg was a little harsh - but we did to make the dps' that are under performing to step up their shit. All raiders have a gearscore above 5k, which means there is NO REASON why a dps in our guild shouldnt be able to pull 6k. We arent asking for 9k dps out of everyone. But when you cant dps to your own GS thats a problem.

Now before everyone says there is alot of movement so it fucks up all of the number - save it - i know. But there were some raiders that were barely breaking 4k and some were even under 4k (yes we know Larisse was pulling shit dps too and me and him are trying to fix it).

Bottom line - we want EVERYONE to step up their game ESPECIALLY the dps. We just really wanna get the plaguewing down and we have seemed to hit a wall for festergut, alot of guilds have.
Back to top Go down
Khalict

Khalict

Ranking system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking system   Ranking system EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 4:43 pm

All answers are posted "Q&A referred to Ranking system"
Back to top Go down
http://4chan.org
zimbodz

Ranking system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking system   Ranking system EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 5:46 pm

Thanks for the kind words and some explanation.

PLease also remember that it's nto jsut DPS we are looking for but Raid composition plays just as important a part as anything else.

As an example of this I'm going to use the Hunters and their three specs as I'm pretty familiar with them. Let's say we have three relatively similiar geared hunters in the raid. All three are awesome marks man... and as we know MM is the most damaging spec right now...

the question is do you want all three hunters to go into the raid as MM. The answer NO...

why because the other hunter specs have something to add to a raid.

the big thing MM has besides awesome damage is the thrue shot aura... cool a huge 10% attack power to everyone. the problem is you only need one person to have the aura for the raid to get the aura.

that being said the second hunter should go BM or Survival..

now hunters will sit their and say BM sucks... my DPS goes way down if I go BM. Heck i'll do roughly 1500 less DPS. True.. but the real bonus of having a BM hunter is the that ferocious inspiration adds 3% to the raids damage (and this will increase with the next patch to 6% and become an aura) 3% doesn't sound like much but when you average the raid doing 5000 of which 3% is 150 DPS and you multiply that 150 DPS by 17 DPS that is an average of 2550 more DPS ... roughly 1050 more then the hunter would do if he was MM.

finally survival on the other hand have no huge DPS raid buffs... and it's only a couple hundred DPS behind MM. The reason you go survival though is because you will get the MM buff from the other hunter. With the MM buff your damage will increase beyond what you could do as MM hunter alone. So thanks to your fellow hunter you DPS has gone up and you are pulling more damage then he is. Beside true shot aura doesn't stack so take advantage off what the other hunter is giving you. Also survival hunters don't just do physical damage they have shadow damage and in general have more ways to do dot damage then MM hunters do. Though survival hunters have no raid DPS buffs they do have a mana buff called hunting party... now one percent doesn't sound like a lot but it adds up... for those spell caster screaming for mana towards the end of a fight having a nice survival hunter in your party will help.

so as you can see all three aspects of the hunter can and should be used in a raid... together as it increases the raids overall DPS and survivability all around.
This doesn't just work for hunter... but for all classes in the raid.

So please if you already have one aspect of your class in the raid/guild... think about what you might be able to do to help the overall raid by specing a different way as all specs and classes boost the raid in one way or another.

just a bit of FYI for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Flexo

Ranking system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking system   Ranking system EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 8:18 pm

x

Last edited by Flexo on Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thornstarr

Ranking system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking system   Ranking system EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 12:29 am

I will once again be monitoring the buffs & flasks prior to pulls so we'll have our consumables and health stones etc.

I'm also going to begin capturing our combat logs so we will be better equipped to identify our weaknesses and eliminate them.

After tomorrow I'll start a thread for the combat logs in case others would like to see them.
Back to top Go down
Fellwing

Fellwing

Ranking system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking system   Ranking system EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 8:58 am

I think thats great Thornstarr. I like the out of game combat log. We had to do the same thing when we where running Naxx in my old guild it show everyone what they are doing and it keeps them on there toes a little bit more knowing that people are watching them.

People seem to slow down when they hit a point and stop trying to puch themselfs hard. When people know the Officers and other guildies can see what they are doing throught a whole raid people pick it back up
Back to top Go down
Titath

Titath

Ranking system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking system   Ranking system EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 11:32 am

flex i'm sure some pepole don't know but Most do that when your told to flask up the same add on tells the pepole running it to see who has flasks that the person is using 2 elxiers instead if your only using one then you are better off with flask
Ya thornstar I have world of logs set up too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ranking system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ranking system   Ranking system Empty

Back to top Go down

Ranking system
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Treacherous Empire - Cenarius :: Public :: Questions/Comments?-
Jump to: